How to Join IF.G Online Event?
Download ZOOM software (Zoom Client for Meetings), install it in your computer.
To join a Zoom Meeting
- Open ZOOM, click “Join a Meeting”
- Type in ZOOM meeting ID, and your full name. And later you will be asked to input meeting password.
- You will be asked to input your mobile number for a 6-digit code, if you are not logged in as a ZOOM user.
- Select “Join with Computer Audio” to join the meeting.
You will receive the ZOOM meeting ID and password of your online judging circle before the event. Make sure:
- You change your name to your full name. Please do not use any nick name or abbreviations.
- You have an appropriate background. People will be able to see what is behind you and it should not be distracting or inappropriate.
- Pick a well lighting and quiet place without external noise or sounds. Lighting should be facing you and not behind you.
- You have a stable internet connection. If possible, try to get a stronger WIFI signal and faster WIFI connection.
- Log in at least 10 minutes early.
- Use computer with a camera to connect, do not use mobile phone.
- Use an external microphone if possible. So that to ensure a better voice quality.
- Ask an adult by your side, in case you need support to use the computer and ZOOM.
Useful Zoom Functions
- Mute / unmute: moderator may ask you to mute/unmute yourself when other students are presenting, or unmute yourself when you are going to pitch.
- Start video / stop video: moderator may ask you to start/stop your video when judging circle begins.
- See participants: you will see all participants in the judging circle, including moderators, judges, other student participants, and visitors.
- Chat: you can leave your questions or messages in chat window when others are pitching. You can also use chat function to inform moderators if you have any questions.
- Share Screen: you will use this function to share your presentation when your pitch begins.
- Leave the meeting: when the judging circle is over, use this button to leave the event.