The Global Innovation Challenge (G.I.C.) is an annual challenge designed to provide K-12 students from around the world a place to share, compete and be celebrated for their brilliant Ideas, Apps, and Prototypes.
STEPS TO G.I.C
DEVELOP YOUR IDEA, APP, OR PROTOTYPE
- Keep a logbook, journal or diary documenting your innovation journey
- Brainstorm and then decide on a problem you would like to solve
- Conduct research
- Outline your idea, create your app, or build a prototype
- Design a potential solution to your problem – test and retest your solution
The innovation is a detailed design of a future App, Prototype, Program or Organization, created with words, pictures, calculations, plans on paper or electronically. There may be a physical display model, but the model has no functionality.
The innovation consists of an application or software program strictly on a microcontroller, computer, tablet, phone, or other electronic device, that does not extend beyond the device.
The innovation is a tangible device or product that has been constructed and has some of the functions and capabilities that it might need to be actually used in the real world. It does have the ability to perform at least some of the functions it is intended to do.
PREPARE TO MARKET YOUR IDEA, APP OR PROTOTYPE
Research prospective markets for your idea, app, or prototype
Determine why users would want your idea, app, or prototype
Name your solution
Practice your live presentation showcasing your project
REGISTER FOR THE GLOBAL INNOVATION CHALLENGE
Create a presentation of no longer than 6 slides detailing your innovative process as well as your idea, app, or prototype
Create an image for your idea, app, or prototype:
- Idea: a blueprint, diagram, illustration, or outline of idea saved as a PDF
- App: screenshot(s) of a portion of your code as well as screenshot(s) of your user interface
- Prototype: picture(s) that show the critical pieces
Sign up through your InventFuture.Global Organization:
- Submit your registration.
- The team will be in a Judging Circle based on the age of the oldest member of the team
Be in grades K-12 (or the equivalent)
Register as an individual or team of up to three
Have qualified to advance to the G.I.C. from an InventFuture.Global member organization
- Identify & Understand Problem
- Identing & Brainstorming
- Designing & Building
- Testing &Refining
- Market Potential
- Value Proposition
- Social Value
- Outline of the Innovation Project
- Presentation Slide Set
- Live Presentation
Saturday 25 September
Live, on-line Judging Circles
Saturday 2 October
Awards Ceremony and Celebration
Want to get the latest information about this event?